Before I start the challenge, I would like to link to a piece of Sherlock fan fiction which I wrote today, which I would really appreciate people reading. Thank you!
I’ve been nominated for this challenge twice, and whilst I do not tend to do blog awards and the like, I think doing a challenge which sounds enjoyable is a rather different kettle of fish. So without further ado, I present the Quote a day challenge (condensed into one day due to time constraints). Thank you very much to Ritu from But I Smile Anyway… and Gaurav Chaplot for nominating me for this challenge.
1. Post 1 quote a day for 3 days (can be your own or from other sources).
2. Nominate a blogger to participate per post.
3. Thank the person who nominated you.
1. “To the organised mind, death is but the next great adventure”-Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (J.K. Rowling)
One of my favourite books from one of my favourite authors, Dumbledore competes for everyone’s favourite bearded wizard alongside Gandalf (and in fairness to them both, it’s a pretty even contest).
2. “Anderson, don’t talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street”-Sherlock Holmes (Benedict Cumberbatch) in Sherlock
This is one of those lines that you just can’t help laughing at when you watch it, especially given Cumberbatch’s deadpan delivery.
3. “All that is gold does not glitter,
- Not all those who wander are lost;
- The old that is strong does not wither,
- Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
- From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
- A light from the shadows shall spring;
- Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
- The crownless again shall be king.” Lord of the Rings (J.R.R. Tolkien)
This is a fantastic poem by Tolkien, one of my favourite lines within is “Not all those who wander are lost”, which is a very true sentiment.
Please don’t feel burdened to do this, it’s just a bit of fun to do or not as you choose. If I didn’t nominate you and you still want to do it, please just go ahead.