A few days ago, Yvonne over at kritsayvonne nominated me for the Liebster Award, something which I am hugely grateful for. Although awards have been likened to the chain letter of the blogosphere, I feel that they bring bloggers closer together and spread happiness, especially amongst new bloggers. Therefore, I have no issue with accepting the nomination, though others may do…
The Rules of the Award (edited a little from Yvonne based on what I’ve read on other blogs):
Each nominee must have under 200 followers
Thank and link to the nominating blog
Answer their 10 questions and propose 10 new ones for your nominees
Nominate 10 blogs and tell them that they’ve been nominated
Write a post containing the questions
Include these rules in the post
- How do you make time to blog?
A: I’m not sure, I just seem to have suitable timeframes, especially at weekends
- Do you have a blogging schedule or write when the mood takes you?
A: I write when I feel like it and try to when I don’t, but I’ve tried to be organised and have got a schedule, which has resulted in me having written a review for May a few days ago!
- Were your schooldays the best days of your life?
A: Well I certainly enjoyed them very much, but best days of my life? That’s tough, probably not.
- If your house was on fire, what is the possession you’d grab as you ran out of the door?
A: Family (well, if they were already out I’d probably get whatever I could)
- If someone offered you a seat on Richard Branson’s first space flight for fare paying passengers, would you go?
A: Yes! Only issue is the price and slightly dodgy health and safety record. But going into space would be amazing.
- What city would you recommend others to visit?
A: Personally I loved Berlin, but London also has a special place in my heart. Oh, and Venice is amazing.
- What is your signature dish?
A: Well, I don’t really cook. If I had to, it would be White Sauce Pasta, I love it and it’s really easy to make. However, I have honed my culinary skills and can now make a mean chocolate chip cookie.
- What genre of books are you most likely to choose?
- Best film from your childhood?
A: The Selfish Giant? Is that a film? If not, Wallace and Gromit (any), Where Eagles Dare, The Great Escape… Oh, and The Matrix and Shawshank. I could go on, you’ve got me reminiscing…
- How far back can you trace your family history?
A: A member of my family got a family tree as a present now, and from memory that went back at least five or six generations.
Blogs I nominate (in no particular order):
4. A Taste of Football (favourite post: The Jon Parkin Pie Club – Crystal Palace “The Goaless Pie”)
10. A Hopelessly Wandering Mind (favourite post: A Brazilian everyone should read- and no, it’s not Coelho)
My Questions to you
1. Pick a superpower, any superpower. Now tell me: why?
2. Best holiday destination (either that you’ve been to or want to go to).
3. Red pill or blue pill?
4. What was the most moving book or film that you’ve seen?
5. If you could have any job, what would it be?
6. If you could have any car (or motorbike, but obviously not planes or helicopters, they’re too cool), what would it be (and what colour)?
7. Item on your bucket list that you want to do most?
8. Favourite flower?
9. Favourite English town (or city or village or hamlet). Even if you’ve never been…
10. If you became Prime Minister (or President), what would be the first rule you introduced?
Have fun answering them…